Serving International Clients For Over 30 Years
At Melito & Adolfsen P.C., we have helped clients from the Middle East and Europe navigate the U.S. justice system for more than three decades. We provide expertise on a wide range of areas, including business law, real property and criminal defense. From our offices in New York City, our diverse, multilingual legal team is well-positioned to understand the nuances and complexities surrounding foreigners and non-U.S. businesses involved in the U.S. legal system. We leverage more than 30 years of practice and a highly skilled legal team to provide effective, cost-efficient service to our international clients.
Representing Foreign Businesses In U.S.-Based Legal Disputes
When businesses in other countries become entangled in the U.S. legal system, having an experienced U.S.-based attorney who understands foreign cultures and can effectively communicate with clients is critical. At Melito & Adolfsen P.C., our legal team includes attorneys who are fluent in Arabic, Hebrew, Russian and Spanish.
We represent foreign companies in cases such as:
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Patriot Act compliance and investigations
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), including issues of extraterritoriality
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other regulatory agency investigations
- Disputes among foreign manufacturers and their U.S. distributors
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
- Investor visas
Melito & Adolfsen P.C. has become a trusted partner to businesses across the globe. If your business is facing legal challenges in the U.S., contact our New York offices by calling 212-238-8900 or by filling out our online contact form.
Providing U.S.-Based Legal Defense For Non-U.S. Citizens
At Melito & Adolfsen P.C., our multilingual staff understands the languages and cultures of European and Middle Eastern countries. We strive to relate the U.S. laws to foreign laws, explaining everything in the context of each client’s background and home country.
We represent citizens of other countries in many different types of cases, including:
- Personal injury litigation under the Anti-Terrorism Act and the Alien Tort Statute
- Defamation and assassination of character
- U.S.-based real estate disputes
- Criminal defense of foreigners charged with U.S. crimes
Our goal is to be a legal resource that non-U.S. citizens can trust and rely on in the United States.
Contact The International Law Attorneys At Melito & Adolfsen P.C.
If you are an individual or a business located in another country but facing a legal issue in the U.S., we can get to work for you. Call our firm at 212-238-8900 or contact us online for more information on our services.
On parle Francais
Wir sprechen Deutsch
אנחנו מדברים עברית
نحن نتكلم العربية