Our International Practice
At Melito & Adolfsen P.C., we have a successful international practice due in large part to our personal attention and our law firm’s diversity. We have helped clients from the Middle East and Europe, offering our expertise on a wide range of areas such as business law, real property and criminal defense. From our offices in New York City, we are well-positioned to understand the nuances and complexities involved in international law.
Defense Of Non-U.S. Citizens And Foreign Businesses
People and businesses in other countries often need a lawyer in the U.S. but are uncertain about our legal system. We have attorneys who can eliminate the uncertainty because they speak fluently and read and write in Arabic, Hebrew, Russian and Spanish.
Our goal is to make our clients from other countries feel comfortable knowing they have attorneys whom they can trust and rely on in the United States should a dispute of any kind arise in connection with their business or personal life.
Our lawyers represent citizens of other countries and foreign businesses in many different types of cases, including:
- Personal injury litigation under the Anti-Terrorism Act and the Alien Tort Statute
- Defamation and assassination of character
- Criminal defense of foreigners charged with U.S. crimes
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Patriot Act compliance and investigations
- RICO, including issues of extra-territoriality
- Disputes among foreign manufacturers and their U.S. distributors
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
- Investor visas
If you are an individual or a business located in another country, but facing a legal issue in the U.S., we can get to work for you. Call our firm at 212-238-8900 or contact us online for more information on our services.
نحن نتكلم العربية
Мы говорим по-русски
אנחנו מדברים עברית