Accomplished attorneys providing solid legal counsel and legal representation.
MICHAEL F. PANAYOTOU handles complex commercial matters, insurance coverage litigation, reinsurance arbitration, nursing home/medical malpractice defense matters, various personal injury cases, auto liability defense, First Amendment and Civil Rights Law litigation, Labor Law cases, products liability, Chinese Drywall litigation, construction accidents, and legal malpractice defense. Mr. Panayotou regularly handles phases of litigation including discovery, dispositive motion practice, mediation, and appeals. He has represented clients ranging from large corporations to individuals from across the United States, as well as Europe and The Middle East.
Prior to joining Melito & Adolfsen, Mr. Panayotou worked for a large complex commercial litigation firm and was instrumental in obtaining the largest private anti-trust settlement in United States history, as well as representing a corporation during a Department of Justice anti-trust review prior to a proposed merger which ultimately obtained regulatory approval.
Mr. Panayotou majored in Classics, with a focus on Ancient Greek language and history. He authored an honors thesis on various types of speech used by heroes and anti-heroes in The Iliad. Mr. Panayotou has substantial knowledge in various facets of computers and technology, particularly legal technology. He previously served as President of an international philanthropic, cultural, and education association and personally spearheaded efforts to fundraise for various charities.
Current Employment Position
- Complex Commercial Matters
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Reinsurance Arbitration
- Nursing Home/Medical Malpractice Defense Matters
- Personal Injury Cases
- Auto Liability Defense
- First Amendment and Civil Rights Law Litigation
- Labor Law Cases
- Products Liability
- Chinese Drywall Litigation
- Construction Accidents
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2014
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 2004
- Union College
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Classics, with a focus on Ancient Greek language and history
- Minor: Philosophy